Sunday, January 22, 2012

In My Mailbox (22)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren, in which we get to discover the new books that each blogger got for the week. It also encourages us to connect with other bloggers.


Hi everyone! So this is my first In My Mailbox post for 2012 after the 2012 TBR Tower. I’ve been busy this week – got lots of reports, exams – but I’m happy that I got these lovelies:

For Review:


Halflings by Heather Burch (Finished Copy)
Replication by Jill Williamson (Finished Copy)


Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (Finished Copy)
The Way We fall by Megan Crewe (ARC)


The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda (ARC)
Fated by Sarah Alderson (Finished Copy) – read and loved! Check out my review here.


Cliques, Hicks and Ugly Sticks by KD McCrite
Glimmer by Phoebe Kitanidis (signed ARC)


The Downside of Being Charlie by Jenny Torres Sanchez (ARC)
Immortal Link by Uta Burke (Finished Copy)

Bought:

I know I’m supposed to be on a book buying ban! But I just couldn’t resist. *sighs* There’s this shop called BookSale. They sell second hand books. But oh my – the books that I bought were in mint condition, especially the hardcovers. And I was able to buy them for…1/5 – 1/11 of the original price!


Witches of East End by Melissa dela Cruz – I’ve wanted to get a copy of this since last year. But the paperback was just…too expensive for me. So when I saw this, I just had to get it.

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev – Wow. You guys don’t know how difficult it is to spot a copy of this book.

Beautiful by Cindy Martinusen-Coloma – I’ve reviewed Caleb + Kate by Cindy when I first started blogging. And I love her writing style! 

Big thank you to: Candica & Zondervan, Ashlea, Pier 9, Simon & Schuster UK, BookSneeze & Thomas Nelson, Phoebe, Jenny, Kerry, Levine Greenberg, and Uta Burke!

That’s all for In My Mailbox! What did you get? Leave your link and I'll drop by!



22 comments:

  1. Oh I want Glimmer!!! Awesome set here! I LOVED The Way We Fall and Under the Never Sky!!! Enjoy!!!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox-26-one-with-all-signed.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great mailbox! I can't wait to read The Hunt! It's supposed to be very good. Enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful haul this week!
    So glad to hear that you loved Fated! Sarah is wonderful, isn't she? And you got Glimmer! It breaks my heart that I can't get a copy of it in Canada My IMM:http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2012/01/in-my-mailbox42.html
    Happy Reading~
    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about Book Sale. When I was hunting down all of Lisa Kleypas's romance novels, I found quite a few of them there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) They have really good books lately! Hope to find more!

      Delete
  5. enjoy all
    very cool souding books and a coupple on my wishlist
    *cough*the hunt, glimmer[reminds me of glimmer ;THG]
    imm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cover to Glimmer, everytime I see it I just have to stop and stare! Great haul this week have fun reading them!
    You can check out my IMM here.
    [:
    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages Enter My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great mailbox!
    Cliques, Hicks and Ugly Sticks sounds like a fun read! :)
    I've got an e-copy of Under the Neversky somewhere on my hard drive but haven't read it yet. Looking forward to your review of that one

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/7qg7m9t
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your IMM’s . too bad I wasn’t able to go to BookSale when I was in Manila.. haha. but I love your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man. I'm still waiting for my Fated order. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great mailbox. I am so tempted to get Under the Never Sky but, I look at my TBR mountain, and know it will be months before I have a chance to read it. Enjoy your books and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I now how difficult it's to find Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. I wanted to read it but never found it!

    Thanks for stopping by, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so jealous! Look at all the pretty books! Lol. I have to say that Fated is the one that I want most. I've heard SO many great things about it, and I can't wait to read it!

    Good luck with your exams and reports! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! :) Oh you need to read Fated! It's so good!

      Delete
  13. Sigh, so many great books in your mailbox this week. The Downside and Fated both look particularly great!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  14. PRECIOUS! I'm coming to your house, did I tell you? Probably not, since I'll likely be wearing a ski mask and carrying a sack full of your books out through your window. Hmmm. Please pretend you didn't read that sentence *shifty eyes*

    THE HUNT! OMG. I am dying to read that book. It sounds freaking amazing. So jealous of you and Kai! Plus I really want to read Halflings and Glimmer! Enjoy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll be on the lookout! :) nah, I'm sure you'll get the chance to read The Hunt soon! Request it! It's just too terrifying, too addicting and too irresistibly good! I'll read Halflings and Glimmer soon! And I'll tell you my thoughts. :)

      Delete
  15. Under the Never Sky is so amazing! Ooh, and Fated!

    Wonderful IMM, I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! Very jealous of your new books! I want to read the Way We Fall! And I've heard of Replication...is it dystopian too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :) Thank you for dropping by! Replication is sci-fi. But it does sound dystopian-like!

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You've got finished copies of some of my favorite books to-be-read! Your really so are Precious and lucky! :D

    ReplyDelete